Mental disorder is an illness of the human mind. Mental disorders are common.
A person with a mental disorder can be your sibling, parent, child, friend, colleaque, relative or anyone close to you.
You are not alone. Help and treatment is available, and recovery is often possible.
Do you have a family member who suffers from a mental illness? Do you need information and support to help you cope?
South West Finland FinFami – Accosiation of families of people with mental illness is an association that offers counselling and support to anyone affected by mental illness or concerned about a friend or family member’s mental health. All our services are confidental and free of charge.
Don’t hesitate to contact us.
Materials in english
- See The invisible documentary film
- Ask the Young shortfilms 1, 2 & 3 .
- Podcast My Family, Mental Illness and Me (Out Time org. The UK)
- When one falls ill, many lives change
- A handbook to family members and friends affected by mental illness
- Don’t hesitate. Ask the young person! (FinFami Etelä-Pohjanmaa ry)